Ezzat W. Wassef, M.D., F.A.C.S
In 1977 Dr. Ezzat Wassef was one of the original founders of the “Lakewood Orthopaedic Medical Group.” In 1988 the name of the group was changed to “Lakewood Orthopaedic, Surgical, and Medical Group.” Over the years our main office was located in Lakewood, with satellite offices in Long Beach, Downey, and Los Alamitos. In 2017, we opened our new office in Long Beach at the new medical complex in Douglas Park and adopted the name of “Long Beach-Lakewood Orthopaedic Institute.”
Dr. Wassef grew up in Cairo, Egypt, and received his medical education at the University of Cairo. He then went on to conclude his surgical training in London, England. Thereafter, he concluded his orthopaedic training in Canada at the University of Kingston, Ontario, and became Board-certified by the American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery in 1975.
Lakewood Orthopaedic, Surgical, and Medical Group was always at the forefront of the most advanced orthopaedic techniques in the community, being a leader in total joint replacement and for many years responsible for covering the trauma services at Long Beach Memorial Medical Center and Lakewood Regional Medical Center.
Over the years many Board-certified orthopaedic surgeons joined the group, and in 2013, Dr. Wassef’s son, Andrew J. Wassef, M.D., joined. Together, they both enjoyed practicing and discussing some of the most challenging and difficult cases.
Dr. Wassef remains active and involved in the Lakewood and Long Beach communities. In his leisure time, he likes to travel, and he enjoys spending time with his family and grandchildren.
- Cairo University, Cairo, Egypt
Degree: MBBCH with Honors
- The Royal College of Surgeons, London, England
- Residence at Queen’s University, Kingston, Ontario
- Board-certified of American Board of Orthopaedic Surgery
- Fellow of the American Academy of Orthopaedic Surgeons
- Fellow of the American College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the Royal College of Surgeons of England
- Fellow of the International College of Surgeons
- Fellow of the Western Orthopaedic Association
- Member of the California Orthopaedic Association
- Member of the California Medical Association
- Lakewood Regional Medical Center, Lakewood, CA
- Long Beach Memorial Medical Center, Long Beach, CA
- Chief of Staff – Lakewood Regional Medical Center, 1968-1988
- Vice Chairman of the Governing Board – Lakewood Regional Medical Center, 1995-2001
- Chairman of the Governing Board – Lakewood Regional Medical Center, 2001-2009
- Member of the Governing Board and Vice Chairman – Lakewood Regional Medical Center, 2014-2021